We all need a little ‘fitspo from time to time, especially on a gorgeous day! Saturday, June 21st marks the official first day of summer, so to get you pumped for your next sweat session, we reached out to FLY instructors across the country and asked them for their favorite songs of the season. These playlists are not only guaranteed to motivate a workout, but they are the perfect soundtrack for beach days, weekend drives with the top down and warm nights out. Get to know these instructors, their music style, their favorite songs to FLY to and listen to their latest playlists below. Check in every Friday for new summer FLYTunes.
- Rage the Night Away by Steve Aoki feat. Waka Flocka Flame: If this doesn’t make you pedal faster, I don’t know what will. Right now, this is my favorite song to sweat to. The lyrics aren’t necessarily the greatest, but the beat will give your speakers a workout.
- Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root: This song is great for anything: driving with windows down, jogging, riding the subway, sitting by the pool, sitting on the tarmac at JFK, or,a 9:30AM Flywheel Sag Harbor class. Has a summer feel to it.
- Big Pimpin’ by Jay Z: Picking a favorite Jay Z song is a daunting task, but nothing puts you in a warmer mood than this one.
Listen to Chris’s latest playlist here on Spotify.
- Hollow (Nicky Romero Remix)- DubVision: This song has the best build up before the beat drops. The energy of the song pushes me to keep going in class, not to mention Nicky Romero is one of my favorite DJ’s.
- Hashtag by Cedric Gervais: We all do it! I thought this was the perfect song for summer, it corresponds perfectly with how addicted we all are to social media and ‘hashtags’ – #beach #summer #fun #Flywheel. It makes total sense. Plus it makes me want to dance every time!
My Music Style:
My music selection typically depends on the mood that I’m in, and what I’m feeling at that particular moment. I like everything from old-school hip-hop, Notorious B.I.G, Jay Z, Kanye, electronic, alternative rock, Latin music and mashups. I’m also addicted to discovering amazing remixes of songs I love. Listen to Eddy’s latest playlist here on Spotify.
- Black Widow by Iggy Azalea (feat. Rita Ora): This song is one of my favorites to play in class – it has a heavy beat and it’s the perfect speed for busting out some tap backs! If you take my class you know I love those tap backs! Plus, I have been an Iggy addict for a long time now and I am loving her new music.
- Partition (Dave Aude remix) by Beyonce: This is a great spin on an already amazing song! This one gets me pumped up for a workout and makes me want to party all at the same time!
- G.U.Y. by Lady Gaga: I love a song that makes me want to break my neck dancing and this is my number one right now. I could listen to it on repeat and never get sick of it.
My Music Style:
I love anything that I can dance to! I need a killer beat so I lean towards dance, pop and hip-hop most of the time, but I’m finding that lately in class nothing makes me push myself harder than a really kick-butt rock song! I really do enjoy just about every type of music though. My parents listened to Motown music most of my life, so when I want to relax and just enjoy some tunes I listen to that. Listen to Cristin’s latest playlist here on Spotify.
- Summer by Calvin Harris: I love Calvin Harris and this song. In class I picture myself on a flat road with a few accelerations and the sun on my back! This song is great for a great rolling hill.
- Magic by Olympic Ayers: Love to climb to this…love the beat!
- Cruise (remix) feat. Nelly: Great jog song plus it just puts a smile on my face!
- A Million Swedish Summers by White Panda: It’s a fun song, I love riding it fast; 90-100 RPM.
My Music Style:
I really enjoy all types of genres! I mostly play upbeat music that makes my riders feel good. Love a great remix anytime! I play these songs at the barre as well. Listen to Jena’s latest playlist here on Spotify.
FlyBarre Seattle: Jessica Freitas
Summer is my favorite time of year. I love the sun, long days, baseball games, and the overall carefree feeling that comes with summertime!
- California Gurls by Katy Perry Feat. Snoop Dogg: I’m originally from California, so this song makes me think of hanging out on the beach and playing in the sunshine.
- Summer by Calvin Harris: It’s a total cliché since it’s called “Summer” but I love it! It has a great beat and is so fun to play in class.
- Chandelier by Sia: Seriously obsessing over this song! It’s kind of dark but beautiful at the same time.
My Music Style:
Generally I love music that makes you want to dance. My playlists are pretty “pop” heavy. I love my Pitbull, Rihanna and Beyoncé! I’ve been a dancer my whole life so whatever gets my shoulder poppin’ and my hips movin’ is something I want to pulse to in class Listen to Jessica’s latest playlist here on Spotify.
Flywheel Boston: Melinda Sarkis
- Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince: It just SCREAMS summer to me. Convertibles, barbecues, and Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion.
- Boys of Summer by Don Henley: Boys and Summer… What more could a girl want;-) Plus it reminds me of the beginning of baseball season. Which means baseball, Hot dogs,and cold beer!
My Music Style: My music taste is like my personality and the way I dress, it just depends what mood I’m in. Sometimes it’s Linkin Park, Daughtry, The Cure others it’s Sade, Prince and Calvin Harris. Throw in some Robin Thicke and Everything But The Girl and I’m a happy camper. That’s what keeps ’em coming back. You just NEVER know what I might play. Listen to Melinda’s latest playlist here on Spotify.
Check back each week for a new FLYTunes playlist from Flywheel! Can’t wait? Follow us on Spotify to catch playlists from instructors nationwide.
Make healthy eating choices all summer long by following these holiday eating tips.