Fitness enthusiasts (especially frequent FLYers) often flock to Miami hotspot JugoFresh pre or post-workout for cold-press juices, smoothies and organic raw foods. While they are known for their “free-spirited approach to life,” the brand is “ultra-disciplined when it comes to creating juices, smoothies and foods.” With this approach in mind, JugoFresh created the delicious JugoFly Smoothie. “We all know the saying ‘you are what you eat,’ but we believe in this as a guiding principle,” says Matthew Sherman, JugoFresh founder. What makes the JugoFly the perfect go-to post class? Sherman gave us some insight into the making of this coveted post-Flywheel drink:
Why was the team at JugoFresh inspired to create this FLY smoothie?
We were inspired by our personal connection and the community’s connection to the amazing staff at Flywheel and to their incredible clientele. We wanted to make the perfect post Fly beverage.
What makes the JugoFLY a nice complement to taking class?
The combination of ingredients are designed to fuel the body with electrolytes, protein, antioxidants, and essential fats – perfect for muscle recovery after a strenuous Flywheel or FlyBarre workout.
Why are the ingredients in the FLY smoothie good for muscle recovery?
- Spirulina and Hemp are two great sources of vegan protein
- Blue-green algae protein is essential for building muscle after a workout
- Chlorella helps send oxygen to your cells which facilitates the recovery period
- Coconut and Coconut Water are the most natural forms and easiest ways to fuel your body with electrolytes and essential fats
- Kale and Spinach provide texture and are great sources of protein and essential minerals
- Apple and Blueberry a touch of fruit boosts your energy
While you’ll have to stop by JugoFresh in Miami to sample the JugoFly smoothie, you can always try this delicious alkalizing protein smoothie at home!
Alkalizing Protein Smoothie Recipe
8 oz coconut water
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1 whole green apple
2 stalks of celery
2 stalks of parsley
1/2 of a lemon
2 tbsp of protein powder (vegan or whey)
1 tspn of maca powder
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp almond butter
Mix together and enjoy!
Five post-Fly smoothies.
Why staying hydrated is essential to getting the most out of your workout.