Time: 25 minutes
1 cup whole grain flour
3/4 tbsp. baking powder
1.5 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
1/2 scoop (vegan) protein powder
1 1⁄4 cups almond or cashew milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 tsp. grated ginger
A few shakes each of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice
1. Mix dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, ground flaxseeds, and protein powder together in medium-sized bowl.
2. Separately, mix almond or cashew milk and vanilla extract.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and be careful not to over-mix.
4. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat with oil.
5. Once griddle/skillet is warm, pour batter into desired size/shape.
6. Once bubbles start to form on the surface, (around 3-5 minutes), flip.
7. To make maple syrup, combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, grated ginger, and spices.
8. When pancakes are cooked through, top with Earth Balance (or butter) and a drizzle of Maple Pumpkin syrup. Enjoy!